Tuesday 5 April 2011

Flower or Fruit ?

My today's post is more of a query.

Firstly I have to admit that for a good part of my life its been my beloved trek partner who has always answered any query related to flowers and their botanical names but since she is not available to answer my query this time I thought let me put up a post and share these pics.

During the past few weeks while cycling i came across this flower, fruit or whatever this is. I was fortunate enough to capture its various stages of growth and I look forward to someone answering my query on what exactly is this?


Stage 1 on day 1


Stage 1 on day 2


Stage 3 on day 4


Stage 4 on day 6


Stage 5 on day 8


Stage 6 on day 11 (where it looks like a normal flower)


Stage 1, 3 and 5 on one branch itself


Posted for Ruby Tuesday

10 comments:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

what a unique looking plant. I am not sure either flower or fruit?

Rekha said...

Sorry there...no botanist out here...
all said and done....fascinating shots, the last is a marvellous example of multitasking....

Chubskulit Rose said...

So beautiful! It's fruit I think.

More Ruby Tuesday, come and see.

RNSANE said...

It is certainly nothing that grows in San Francisco, nor have I noticed it on my travels throughout the world. I may have passsed it and not even noticed, sad to say, because I was looking at something else!!

You've done a wonderful job of documentation at various stages of growth...you should have been a forensic scientist!

My Ruby Tuesday is at:

http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2011/04/ruby-tuesday-bali-comes-to-san.html

SandyCarlson said...

That's about as fun as fun gets, but I have no idea what it is. I hope it's edible. I want some!

forgetmenot said...

Totally awesome sequence of photos. Interesting process-we never perceive all of it unless we see it "step by step" as you have done with your photos. Nice. Mickie :)

Anonymous said...

Love the progress from bud to flower!

Anne said...

Amazing! I love all the pictures great captures. Thanks for the visit!

Robin said...

I haven't the faintest idea what that is, but it is definitely an incredibly cool looking "something".

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Vrinda said...

Seriously no idea about it! But I appreciate your patience to capture all the stages of it.

Thanks for stopping by. Keep visiting :)

Vrinda.